|CHANGES IN 2016-17 SCHOOL END DATES AND TIMES|
All elementary, 4K, and 3K students will NOT have school on Tuesday, June 6.†
All SMS and SHS students will be dismissed at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, June 6.
Dec. 10 Scholarship meeting minutes
Dec. 10 PAC Meeting Minutes
The entire meeting focused around scholarships; attached you will find web site links you can click on or copy and paste to the browser.
Dave Hammer from the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation spoke about this organizations’ scholarships.
· The scholarships are regional so slightly more competitive
· Students should fill out the scholarships as completely as possible, then have it proofed by someone
· Many scholarships need info from parents, help them fill out the applications
· Neatness counts Type whenever possible or use blue or black ink, NEVER pencil
· http://www.dsacommunityfoundation.org/ the website is getting a new design. Go to this site and search for the scholarship section.
· There is a scholarship quiz students should take; the quiz identifies the scholarships students should apply for.
· DUE DATE IS JANUARY 15
Michelle Baddin and Jim Zastro spoke regarding the School District of Superior Foundation scholarships.
The attached power point is loaded with information (find the link to the right of this page).
Other key points:
· Our Nelson Scholarships require students to be in the Laude System and take a minimum of 3 AP classes. Students would still complete the Nelson application to apply for our other more prestigious (the O’Hara, McLean, Hendrickson) These other scholarships do not require AP class participation. Due Feb. 4, 2013
· Any student applying for the Nelson, O’Hara, McLean, Hendrickson scholarships and does not receive one, will automatically be place in the general scholarship pool.
· Please go to the SHS counseling home page to get monthly scholarship up dates or students can pick up the “Green Sheet” listing scholarships, in the counseling office.
· The deadline for the School District Foundation’s General Scholarship application is due April 4, 2013.
· Scholarship applications are available on-line found on the SHS counseling home page.
· The Davis Scholarship is specifically for students attending 2 year schools and can be up to $2,000 per year. It is listed with the general scholarships.
· The foundation has many scholarships available, please encourage your son or daughter to apply.
Brian Honness developed a scholarship search home page to identify national scholarships. The address is : www.Scholarships4you.weebly.com . Check it out for lots of good information.
The next Parent Advisory Council meeting will be on Monday, December 10, from 5:30 to 6:30 at the SHS library. (Please note the slight time change.) The topic of this meeting is Scholarships; David Hammer from the Duluth/Superior Foundation, James Zastrow and Michelle Badden from the Superior Scholarship Foundation will make presentations regarding available scholarships, how to apply, application tips and dangers. Also on the agenda is senior student Brian Honnes. For his Senior Project Brian developed a scholarship search engine and he will demonstrate how his website works.
Parents of seniors are encouraged to attend, but any parent will find this information helpful as their son or daughter prepares for any post-secondary training. Our Superior Scholarship Foundation alone awards over $200,000 annually. It’s worth learning about.
We hope to see you all on December 10th at 5:30 in the SHS library.
Nov 12 PAC Meeting The School Report Card
Dear Parent Advisory Council member,
On November 12, 2012 at 5:15 in the SHS library we will have a very important meeting. Mr. Bergum will explain the State Report Card as it relates to SHS. Our meetings start promptly at 5:15 and conclude no later than 6:15. There is no need to RSVP, just show up on the 12th by 5:15 pm.
Starting to prepare for the All Night Grad Party
The All night Grad Party will begin meeting to plan the party for 2013 grads on Wednesday, Oct. 17th, and will meet each month through May. A permanent schedule will be sent out as soon as we finalize it. We will be at the Conferences at SHS on Oct. 9th and Oct. 15th if you would like additional information about the Grad Party or would like to add your email to our volunteer list. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Julie Urban at email@example.com. Thank you.
Parent Survival Guide Handbook
This in an unofficial, common sense approach to life at SHS. Everything from where to pick up and drop off students, to co-curricular activities to dances. You name it, it's in there. Feel free to take a look and see what you think. Make suggestions or additions by contacting any member of the Parent Advisory Council.
Read the complete handbook under the file section at the bottom of the page.